MCCI –WOW- BDHC - She Leads Project
The current state of women in India is reflected in the Gender Inequality Index which ranks it at 133 out of 146 countries. One of the challenges the United Nations Development Programme has identified when it comes to this disparity is the lack of participation of women in employment and decision making processes among many others.
With the intention of empowering women who can lead change within their specific chosen professions, The British Deputy High Commission of India in partnership with The Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry(MCCI) and Women of Worth – A Unit of Provide (WOW), aims to recognise aspirational young women through a nation-wide social media campaign titled, She Leads.
The campaign will identify top 10 women who will be chosen through a social media contest series that is open for graduate and post graduate students from across India. With live campus presentations in two cities, namely New Delhi and Chennai, and an online presence through the rest of the country, the contest is aimed at identifying the student’s potential and natural ability to be a leader.
The selected students,
• will be provided opportunities to meet leaders from around the world in various fields by the British High Commission.
• will be invited to attend high profile events held at the high commission and Madras Chamber for a period of 6 months
• Will be part of the final event to be held in Chennai and Delhi where the top 10 from across India will be recognised. The event will feature some of UK's prominent leaders.
• The top 10 will also have access to guidance for the prestigious Chevening Scholarship.
• The participating colleges will also receive a certificate of excellence from the British High Commission, Women of Worth and The Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry for investing into potential women leaders.
About the British High Commission
The British Deputy High Commission in India is responsible for developing and maintaining relations between the UK and India.
About Women of Worth (WOW)
Women of Worth (WOW) is a movement that seeks to empower women across cultures and ethnicities to stand up for justice, equality and change in all facets of life and society, in both local and global contexts.Through their campaigns like Girl Arise and Dark is Beautiful, they continue to challenge stereotypes of beauty and gender bias and are constantly looking for avenues to bring about a change in existing attitudes that define today’s women and girl children.
For more details visit - http://www.sheleadschange.in/